Monday, January 30, 2012

New Year, New Job!

Two weeks I parted ways with my previous employer. It wasn’t an easy decision as I had been there for 7 years and my department was tight. More family than co-workers. But it was time to move on.

After a 2 week hiatus I’m now part of the Solutions Practice at CEI America as an Associate Architect! Lots of changes with this move. To start I’m working for an IT company. Typically I have worked for non-technical entities within the IT department. Another big change is working with a team of developers! This is by far my favorite aspect of the new job. A majority of my career has been of a lone developer. Not any more. I have a team of talent to help and challenge me, and vice versa. And finally, the biggest change: ditching the commute in favor of a home office! Well it wasn’t really a choice, I wasn’t looking to relocate across the state, but it’s what made this possible.

My blog will continue to be my own with no direct ties to my new employer. I may also start blogging about other topics too, not just techie-geek-speak.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your new job, Jason! Wish you all the best!

    -Rajeev
    (See you on 20th)

    ReplyDelete