Thursday, December 15, 2011

Taking a few steps back

I’ve realized something over the last few nights: 1. altering/extending isn’t as easy as it seems 2. I should take my time and learn the tools I’m using.

Common sense really. Don’t start a new project with new technology and new practices and expect everything to magically work the first time.

So I decided to take a step back and work on the first piece of the puzzle. getting powershell properly configured. The key is profiles. Once you know the term to search there is plenty of information on the topic. I happened to stumble across the term.

First thing to add to my user profile is git

set-alias git “c:\Program Files (x86)\Git\bing\git.exe”

Simple enough.

Up next is getting nuget power tools configured. I want to use this feature to manage my dependencies for projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment